It’s that time in the summer when antique shows and sales really get going. They are a great time to combine both the show and the road, to relive those joys of the old fashioned road trip. Just take along a tape measure, your magnifying glass, a pocket guide to marks, some cash and some idea how you’ll get the stuff home.
Here are a few of the fun events you may want to explore:
- The Brimfield Antique Show, Brimfield, Massacusetts. It’s going on now through July 13 and will be back September 2-7, 2014. This may be America’s premier show and is huge.
- The New Hampshire Antiques Show, Manchester, New Hampshire. August 7-9, 2014. This show is sponsored by the New Hampshire Antiques Dealers Association and is considered by many to be one of the best shows in New England.
- The Sandwich Antiques Market, Sandwich, Illinois. July 13, August 10, October 12, 2014.
- The Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market, Springfield, Ohio. August 16-17, September 19-21. October 18-19.
- The Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, Oronoco, Minnesota. August 15-17. This is a non-profit event with proceeds going to the community.
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale, US Route 127 from near Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama.