Shows and Roads: Some Upcoming Antique Shows and Sales
It’s that time in the summer when antique shows and sales really get going. They are a great time to combine both the show and the road, to relive those joys of the old fashioned road trip. Just take along a tape measure, your magnifying glass, a pocket guide to marks, some cash and some idea how you’ll get the stuff home.
Here are a few of the fun events you may want to explore:
- The Brimfield Antique Show, Brimfield, Massacusetts. It’s going on now through July 13 and will be back September 2-7, 2014. This may be America’s premier show and is huge.
- The New Hampshire Antiques Show, Manchester, New Hampshire. August 7-9, 2014. This show is sponsored by the New Hampshire Antiques Dealers Association and is considered by many to be one of the best shows in New England.
- The Sandwich Antiques Market, Sandwich, Illinois. July 13, August 10, October 12, 2014.
- The Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market, Springfield, Ohio. August 16-17, September 19-21. October 18-19.
- The Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, Oronoco, Minnesota. August 15-17. This is a non-profit event with proceeds going to the community.
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale,US Route 127 from near Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama.
There are many, many other wonderful shows, sales and flea markets all over the county. Several publications maintain online calendars includingAntique Trader and Antique Week.SKM: below-content placeholder