Some people feel like they have to go to a bakery to get top-notch goodies and we’re here to tell you that’s not true. You can make and enjoy scrumptious goodies all on your own, without having to even get out of your pajamas! If you’re feeling ambitious you can make an extra batch of dough and store it in the freezer (for up to three months), then whip it out when you need a quick dessert. Offer these cookies to your friends and family and watch them flock to you—bring on party season!
Peanut Butter Cookies
(Yields approx. 30 cookies)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- In a large bowl, cream (with paddle attachment if using a stand mixer) together the butter and sugars on medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add in the eggs and mix on high, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Mix until combined, around 1 minute.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla, and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Pour into egg/peanut butter mixture and mix on low. It’s okay if dough is thick and sticky.
- Cover dough and chill in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- When ready to bake, line two cookie trays with parchment paper
- Form balls out of the dough (balls should be comprised of about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of dough) and roll in a bowl of granulated sugar. This will add shine to your cookies.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet and press the tines of a fork into the cookies to form criss-cross patter on top.
- Bake until very lightly browned, about 10-11 minutes.* Remove from oven and allow to cool.
*It’s okay if the centers look a little under-done. They will cook a little more once out of the oven.