From the invention of the light bulb to the moon landing, history is being made everyday. Read on to find out which events made history on this day: May 20th.
1) 1873 Denim jeans patented by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss.
2) 1891 The first public exhibition of Thomas Edison's kinetoscope prototype takes place.
3) 1908 Jimmy Stewart, beloved actor and brigadier general in United States Air Force, is born in Pennsylvania. You can watch him read a hilarious and touching poem he wrote about his dog below!
4) 1916 The first Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post cover is published.
5) 1971 The iconic Marvin Gaye album, “What's Going On” is released.