While hot wings are one of our favorite things to munch on when we’re watching the game, we wanted to try our hand at making a buffalo chicken dip that had all the things we love about hot wings without (as much of) the mess or the need to wrangle with a huge pile of chicken bones.
Hot and spicy and packed with chicken and cheese, this dip is exactly what you need…just be warned: the people will gather ‘round, so make sure to get your fill early on – this stuff is addictive!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups assorted cheeses (cheddar and monterey), shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch and sour cream. Mix together until mostly smooth.
- Combine chicken with 2/3 cup buffalo sauce and mix together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture out in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish and cover with buffalo chicken mixture.
- Top with remaining buffalo sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies